FELLOWSHIP IN THE PHILIPPINES (June, 1995-May, 1996)
- Presenter, Topic: American Values Re-examined in the Land of Digital Plenitude, Pre-departure Orientation Program, Philippine-American Educational Foundation (PAEF), Metro Manila, July 14, 1995.
- Visiting Lecturer, Topic: Introduction to African Cinema & Screening of "Touki Bouki" (Mambety, 1973), Professor Fr. Nick Cruz's Graduate Seminar in Film Studies, Ateneo de Manila University, July 21, 1995.
- Visiting Lecturer, A Critique of the Recent Performance of Professor Edru Abraham's (UP Dept. of Arts and Literature) KONTEMPORARYONG GAMELAN PILIPINO, a Philipino folkloric orchestral concept, and a talk on how this music might complement the proposed documentary on William Jones, Sept. 7, 1995.
- External Evaluator, UP Dept. of Film, Critique of Senior Thesis Presentations, conducted both at UP Film Dept. and at the Philippine Information Agency interlock/screening/mixing facility, Oct. 11, 95 and 27 Mar, 1996.
- Lecture at UP in the Visayas, Iloilo titled: Screenwriting for Interactive Narrative Forms, Division of Humanities, College of Arts and Sciences, 12 December, 1995.
- Lecture/screening, 2-Part Series for the United States Information Agency, Manila re. the American classic film, "Home of the Brave" as part of Black History Month Celebration, February 8, 1996.
- Lecture/Workshop: Screenwriting for Interactive Narrative Forms, Univ. of Malaysia-Penang, 12-14 Feb., 1996.
- Lecture/screening, 2-Part Series for the United States Information Agency, Manila re. the American classic film, "The Pawnbroker" as part of Black History Month Celebration, February 22, 1996.
- Lecture at UP-Diliman titled: Screenwriting for Interactive Narrative Forms, College of Mass Communication, Dept. of Film, 29 February, 1996.
- Coordinator and Initiator, US-based University Film and Video Association (UFVA) Student Film and Video Festival screening series, co-sponsored by UP-Diliman, Northwest Airlines and USIA, The Thomas Jefferson Cultural Center, Manila, March 6-9, 1996.
- Lecture/screening at Miriam College for its faculty titled: Screenwriting for Interactive Narrative Forms, 25 March, 1996.
[World Centennial Cinema Celebration-Manila]
- Introduced the screening of the newly-restored print of Dr. Zhivago, premiering in Manila, Sept. 23, 1995 with a 12-minute paper, “Placing a Critical Eye on David Lean's Wide-Screen Spectacle, Dr. Zhivago”.
- Dr. Zhivago follow-up: Appeared on the Star News segment of a television news report, channel 2, ABS-CBN discussing the importance of film restoration in the interest of national cultural preservation, Sept. 23rd. and broadcast Sept. 28.
FELLOWSHIP IN THE PHILIPPINES #2 (June, 2000-May, 2001)
- Presenter, Academic Culture in America, Pre-Departure Orientation Program for 2000-2001 Grantees, Fulbright Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Programs, August 2, 2000.
- Panelist, Fulbright Selection Committee for the Philippnes, July & August, 2000, with interviews conducted in Manila, Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao and Cebu City, Cebu, the Visayas. 12 candidates were selected for Master degree studies in U.S. universities and colleges.
- Presenter, Elegba's Stratagem: An Interactive Narrative Video Production, University of the East, Manila, September 18, 2000.
- Presenter, "Enhanced (Television) Broadcasting: Content in the Idiot Box?", seminar entitled "New Media Technologies and Mass Communication Education: Issues and Challenges" sponsored by the Department of Communication, De La Salle University, November 18, 2000.
- Non-juried article, "Enhanced (Television) Broadcasting: Content in the
Idiot Box?" Ideya journal, Dept. of Communication, DLSU, 2:2, 2001.
- Presenter, "Technology in the Teaching of Creative Writing", Annual Assembly and Conference, the American Studies Association of the Philippines, December 2, 2000.
- Presenter, "Visualizing the Future for Media Arts Education in the Philippines", Univ. of the East, UEFoundation for Research and Advanced Studies, December 8, 2000. Included the results of an Internetbased survey (http://www.okara.com/ue-frasi_survey) of some 14 institutions in the Manila Metropolitan area as part of forum, and a critique of the Commission on Higher Education Communication guidelines. Invited guest speaker, Margarita K. Manlapig, Fulbright Selectee [U.S. AY 2001-2003] Story Concept Director for Toei Animation, to discuss introducing more courses in animation, games and comic books in the media arts curricula.
- Non-juried article, "State of the Media Arts: Metro Manila Institutional Survey Results, 2000" Graduate School Research Journal of University of the East, Vol.6, No. 1 , 2001.
- Juried article, "Head Hunting William Jones: Work-in-Progress of a Video Documentary," Journal of American Studies-Asia (inaugural issue), January 12, 2002, De La Salle Press.